Comic Review: Dejah Thoris & the Green Men #10


This week's other trip to Barsoom finds Dejah under cover (and no not those type of covers.)

Posing as a slave to a group of Warhoons, Dejah and her Thark Seven are welcomed into a group of Warhoons but they may have some problems, including suspicious Warhoons and another female slave whose possible recognition of Dejah might jeopardize the entire mission. That's all that happens.

In short a pretty swift issue that really does nothing more than setup the next one, which promises some fighting, more blood and action and Dejah fighting for her life. I've gotten over my initial qualms with this series and have liked the last few issues but I'm still relieved that it will be coming to an end soon. Beyond that Mark Rahner and company at least with this issue deliver a good one, just don't expect too much.

For the artwork, Jethro Morales handles the drawing duties and the Tharks and Warhoons look good, while he gives some nice details and designs to the rest of the issue. I do have to mention that Dejah at this point is sporting the "Slave Leia" look, which is kind of funny considering how that look was heavily inspired by Dejah Thoris herself. What comes around goes around I suppose.

I'll leave it at that and just give a recommendation. I hope you guys stay warm and I'll be back soon.

Comments

Popular Posts