Thursday, March 14, 2013

Return of the Jedi Cool Fan Trailer


Some video fun for your Thursday. This year marks the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi, and while I know it gets a bum rap for me it has a personal meaning: It was the first film that I ever saw in a movie theater. It was an experience that led me to the full Star Wars trilogy, a love of sci-fi and fantasy and eventually to Barsoom and other magical places. So from time to time I'll be taking a look back. For today it's a cool fan trailer created by Youtube user editingsithlord that does a great job selling the film. Plus fans of John Carter might recognize the music used in it and honestly, it fits better here. So enjoy!

2 comments:

pascalahad said...

Return of the Jedi also holds a special place in my heart. It lead to my life-long love of soundtracks. I heard it in a pal's house and it was the first record my parents bought for me. A year later I bought with my own money the Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom record.

It was the first Star Wars I saw in the theater. I was aware of the story because of the comics, and because of the few pieces I was able to see on tv. Next I saw Star Wars in reruns, and then The Empire Strikes Back on a small tv screen, thanks to a bootleg copy a friend's father was able to get. Fond memories!!

Mike said...

Jedi was the first Star Wars I saw by myself in the theater (I was 11 years old, thus old enough to be dropped off and picked up later). At the time, I enjoyed it well enough, although it's never risen to the level of the other two in my book. Still, I appreciate it for what it is, and remain a big fan of all the Tatooine action, as well as the showdown with the Emperor and Vader.

Looking forward to your 30th anniversary thoughts!

Mike Poteet