Return of the Jedi Cool Fan Trailer


Some video fun for your Thursday. This year marks the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi, and while I know it gets a bum rap for me it has a personal meaning: It was the first film that I ever saw in a movie theater. It was an experience that led me to the full Star Wars trilogy, a love of sci-fi and fantasy and eventually to Barsoom and other magical places. So from time to time I'll be taking a look back. For today it's a cool fan trailer created by Youtube user editingsithlord that does a great job selling the film. Plus fans of John Carter might recognize the music used in it and honestly, it fits better here. So enjoy!

Comments

pascalahad said…
Return of the Jedi also holds a special place in my heart. It lead to my life-long love of soundtracks. I heard it in a pal's house and it was the first record my parents bought for me. A year later I bought with my own money the Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom record.

It was the first Star Wars I saw in the theater. I was aware of the story because of the comics, and because of the few pieces I was able to see on tv. Next I saw Star Wars in reruns, and then The Empire Strikes Back on a small tv screen, thanks to a bootleg copy a friend's father was able to get. Fond memories!!
Mike said…
Jedi was the first Star Wars I saw by myself in the theater (I was 11 years old, thus old enough to be dropped off and picked up later). At the time, I enjoyed it well enough, although it's never risen to the level of the other two in my book. Still, I appreciate it for what it is, and remain a big fan of all the Tatooine action, as well as the showdown with the Emperor and Vader.

Looking forward to your 30th anniversary thoughts!

Mike Poteet

Popular Posts