John Carter News Bits 2


Sorry for the lack of updates. But here's some news items for you fans. And a brief update!

First up it looks like a new character poster showing off Dejah Thoris as shown above is making the rounds. It looks good, even though if you look closely at the M the date shown says 6-2-12. Maybe I'm just misreading it. Still a good looking poster.


Also hitting the web is a new pic courtesy of the site Adventures by Daddy (yes that's the name of it) showing our heroes riding Thoats. You can see more of the site at http://www.adventuresbydaddy.com/2011/12/12/disneys-john-carter-coming-to-theaters-march-9-2012/

Next it looks like Disney has been releasing already prepared "interviews" with people involved with the film and now have released a new one with Lynn Collins at http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1201/03/lynncollins.htm. Most of it's pretty much fluff but...well I'll let you read it and then you can decide.

Also making news from USA Today is a pretty cool article taking a look back at Disney's failed attempts at a John Carter of Mars movie in the late 1980s and 1990s http://travel.usatoday.com/alliance/destinations/mouseplanet/post/2012/01/The-Disney-John-Carters-That-Never-Were/596215/1. Definitely worth reading for those unfamiliar with the past attempts (and I have to say, the Ted Elliott-Terry Rossio scripted version might have been a good movie.)

Finally someone apparently doesn't think John Carter stands a chance: The Hollywood Reporter reports that analyst Richard Greenfield from the firm of BTIG-which is a trading and brokerage firm has predicted that "The biggest movie of 2012 will be Warner Bros. release Dark Knight Rises, while the biggest box office disappointment will be Disney’s John Carter." You can read the rest and get your swords ready at http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/analyst-predicts-declines-tv-viewing-277670

Comments

John R. Music said…
why does it seem that you want the disney film to fail?
MCR said…
Well John that it's an interesting question. Honestly I don't know if I have an answer. Do I want it to fail? Well if it's a bad movie then yes just to spare us another bad franchise (like Transformers or Fast and the Furious). Now I admit I'm not thrilled with some of the choices made by Andrew Stanton, nor am I fan of him but I wasn't a fan of Peter Jackson either and I enjoyed the Lord of the Rings movies, even with the changes that were made. Now if the film turns out good then I'll admit it and be happy to do so. I don't know if that's a good answer or not but that's what I got at this point.
John R. Music said…
You bash every single thing that disney/marvel is doing to john carter

You said that their Gods of Mars adaption will be even worse based solely on the cover.

You even seem to bash things marvel does, and praise dynamite comics for doing similiar stuff!

You are such a fan taht you hate everything and it is driving me up the wall! I had to remove your link from the John Carter of Mars wikis community portal because I refused to support a blog so negative

Popular Posts